EU projects - European Voluntary Service Project
Our Foreign volunteers feel great among our Dabrowa residents, they do interesting things with us, and the National Agency assessed our activities very positively - our projects are described as "good practices".
Volunteers also organise their own projects, apart from that they promote volunteering, make their own films, help organise various cultural events, they also wrote a blog.
Our volunteers took part in the competition organised on the occasion of the „European Youth Event 2018”. Their film promoting volunteering in Dąbrowa won and the prize was to participate in „EYE2018” in Strasbourg and a trip to the chosen European capital.
1. „Factory of Ideas” - Melda & Ani
2. „Artistic Souls & Sport Lovers” - Daria i Anahit volunteering
3. „School Under Oaks” - Seher Yumrutepe
1. „Factory of Ideas” - Melda & Ani – it was a 10-month volunteering programme. During their stay in Dąbrowa, volunteers were conducting art and music classes in our schools, kindergartens, and on Saturdays they worked at the Municipality of Dabrowa.
In addition to regular activities, the volunteers got involved in a number of initiatives such as educational trips to attractive places, various musical performances and art exhibitions, workshops, winter activities with children, animation shows for children, participation in the scout project, trip to a recording studio and creating murals on the Dabrowa old buildings.
(- educational trips to Toruń - workshops at the Culture Animation Center,
- musical performance and exhibition summarizing the results of volunteers' work - Melda's paintings and art works of children attending art classes,
- musical performance and exhibition at the MZM in Chabsk,
- workshops at the Senior Club in Słaboszewko,
- Christmas musical in the Primary School in Szczepanowo,
- workshops in 5 villages during the winter holidays,
- additional activities at Dąbrowa school during winter holidays,
- preparation of a musical performance for the Musical Evening of Memories in Słaboszewko and for the Mother's Day event,
- animations show for children during the family picnic in Szczepanowo,
- participation in the scout project: Ani Nikoghosyan conducted English classes during scouting assemblies, and Melda Yaramis made all learning tools for those classes,
- participation in Mogilno Art Gallery – both volunteers prepared paintings for the exhibition,
- Ania Nikoghosyan's performed her 2 original songs at the Provincial Center for Cultural Animation in Toruń for the finals of the KATAR competition - „Review of the Artistic Creativity of the Region”,
- trip to recording studio with the girls participating in the music classes,
- artistic performance during the Oak Run and during the „great Christmas aid orchestra” final,
- information meetings at the Secondary School in Strzelno, at the ZS in Bielice and at the Primary School in Wszedzień,
- mural creation on the post state-owned farms building which is associated with joy and peace, and at the same time to revive the space)
2. "Artistic Souls & Sport Lovers" – it was a ten-month European Voluntary Service carried out by the Municipality of Dabrowa in partnership with volunteers Daria Frolova and Anahit Yeprikyan.
Daria - conducted art classes and artistic calligraphy workshops as well as classes for children and teenagers as part of after-school activities, training in graphic design and also worked in the Municipality of Dabrowa, where she was designing posters and promotional gadgets for the needs of the commune, local organisations and institutions with which the commune cooperates.
Anahit - conducted sports activities for children, teenagers and adults, but during the project it turned out that Anahit had also theatre experience so we have encouraged her to conduct theatreworkshops. Anahit has also organised two of her own several projects - theatre classes and classes about the universe for students in grades 1-4.
3. „School Under Oaks” - Seher Yumrutepe – it was a one-year European Voluntary Service project carried out by the Municipality of Dabrowa in cooperation with Seher Yumrutepe - a volunteer from Turkey.
The aim of this project was to enable younger and older residents to raise their key competencies through non-formal education, to increase intercultural awareness, improve knowledge of foreign languages and to promote social activity and volunteering.
Seher Yumrutepe conducted additional English classes for children, teenagers and adults. She has also organised a course to prepare the high school graduates for the English language exam and ran a language cafe. She experimented with non-formal English teaching methods and developed a publication for teachers based on her own experience.
High quality learning of volunteers was ensured by the use of non-formal educaion methods, such as project management, brainstorming, problem solving, mind maps, working with the team, group work, the use of ICT and by evaluation of their work and learning.
Volunteers have acquired and developed their key competencies, gained a valuable experience and became more aware of their learning process. They have learnt about Polish culture and intercultural issues, they have made friends and became part of the local community.
The most important was the impact of the project on the local community. Thanks to the work of the volunteers the local residents participated in interesting and unique projects, developed competencies and above all a cultural attitude.
In the new project „Creative Village” Gmina Dąbrowa is going to host two creative volunteers. There will be two main areas of volunteer work. First area will involve working with the children and students (6-15 years old) in two primary schools and the kindergarten. Volunteers will also organize after-school activities. Second area will concern the implementation of volunteers initiatives, to give a space for volunteers ideas. If you have a passion like music, art, photography, theater, dance, sport etc. then come and help us make our village more creative. We are looking for creative volunteers with own ideas that they would like to share with others, especially with children and young people. If you up for the new challenge please apply by contacting Radzym Jankiewicz on firstname.lastname@example.org